This still active tram depot was built in 1915. There is not much left today from the original depot. Over the years it expanded into a modern maintenance depot for all trams and buses in the city. The size of the depot is not only apparent from the surface it occupies. It was also an important player in the development of the power lines. The site has the capacity to produce its own electricity (2400 KW) to strengthen the power supply of the grid. On a sidetrack of the depot are several old, rusty trams, which may still be preserved for spare parts for the trams in the museum that is connected to the site. The old trams rusting away here, were originally not newly built trams, but converted S-trams. The conversion program started in 1978, but was discontinued in 1988 when most of the tram lines around the city were discontinued. Shortly afterwards, these trams were completely removed from passenger service. “Wattman” is a local term for a tram driver.