Warehouse Penguin Books Ltd, Harmondsworth (1967) by Arup Associates
Penguin Books first moved to
Harmondsworth in 1938, with architect Ralph Tubbs initialling designing buildings for the company to occupy. In the late 60′s and early 70′s, Arup Associates extended the site with a couple of new buildings. First was a new warehouse, designed to hold 37 million books. The building was built of precast concrete and brick infill, and designed to incorporate Penguin;s specially designed forklift trucks.
Image from RIBApix