Redbridge Underground Station (1947) by Charles Holden
Redbridge station opened on 14 December 1947 and was designed by Charles Holden. The original design was in plan to the finished building, but quite different in materials. Holden’s original design was to be almost totally translucent, with extensive glazing, including an all glass tower. The glass elements were dropped for the final building and replaced with brick and tile. Redbridge went through a few different names before opening including “West Ilford” and Red House”.
Image from Collage