modernism-in-metroland: On 21st November 1948,…


On 21st November 1948, the Central Line extended its services from Greenford to West Ruislip. The new stations opening as part of the extension include Northolt, South Ruislip, Ruislip Gardens and West Ruislip. These stations were designed by FFC Curtis and his assistants John Kennett and Roy Turner, with later alterations to the designs due to lack of materials, manpower and bad weather. None of the stations were fully completed until the early 1960′s.

Images from Mikey Ashworth and London Transport Museum 

%d bloggers like this: