Highgate Station (1930) by Charles Holden
Station opened as part of the Charing Cross, Euston and Hampstead Railway in 1907. Despite being in Archway, the station was named Highgate after the village further north. In 1930 Charles Holden added a glazed second entrance and introduced escalators. In 1939 the station was renamed Archway (Highgate) before becoming Highgate (Archway) in 1941 and then just Archway in 1947. This entrance was demolished in 1977 when it became part of the Archway Tower complex.
Image from the Guardian