Factory, Brynmawr, Gwent (1951) by Architects Co-Partnership and Ove Arup & Associates
Factory complex in
Brynmawr, Wales designed for the manufacture of rubber and PVC flooring. The building was designed by Michael Powers and Peter Cocke of the Architects Co-Partnership for Jim Forrester of the Brimstone Rubber Company.
Ove Arup and Ronald Jenkins were called in to help engineer the thin concrete domes of the factory building. After manufacturing ceased at the factory, it fell into disrepair and was demolished in 2001.