MANOIR DU COLIMACON BLANC
In the towns archives, this chateau was first mentioned in 1897, when a Parisian wine merchant ordered for a "second home" to be built on the estate. The renovation and extension to the current chateau would only take place in the 1920s by the new owner, who had bought the domain in 1913. He assigned architect Marcel Oudin to remodel the house into a chateau in Art Nouveau style, the style for which this architect was famous. The construction consists mainly of concrete and brick. In the 1970s the estate with the castle was bought by an Iranian businessman, who had the interior restored. He only lived in the chateau for three years before moving to the United States. Contacts between the mayor and the owner of the property in 1999 revealed that the latter did not intend to inhabit the property again, nor to sell it. The chateau soon began to dilapidate, even more so once it fell prey to thieves and vandals. Outside the characteristic white spiral staircase (colimaçon blanc), which was in fact the staff staircase, there remains very little to be photographed today.