CHARLIES CHAPEL

CHARLIES CHAPEL

This single-aisled brick chapel in honor of Our Lady of Seven Woes was built in 1883 in neo-gothic style. It is located on the castle domain of Chateau Jumanji and served as a neighborhood chapel and starting point for the district procession. The chapel contains a three-sided choir with a painted wooden altar and with a polychrome statue of Our Lady of Seven Woees. Behind the iron closing gate is a ship with benches. On the walls; white painted images of saints on baroque consoles with angel figures including Saint Joseph, Saint Anthony and Saint Margaret. Although it is listed as heritage, the chapel is in a particularly deplorable condition and there are noticeable cracks in the walls and multiple subsidence. Since the chapel was opened, the situation has only deteriorated visibly. Several statues were destroyed by vandalism. As part of the renovation work on the manor, the chapel has already been emptied in light of the pending renovation…


%d bloggers like this: