CONVENT U

CONVENT U

Beautiful art nouveau convent with seemingly endless corridors, beautiful stained glass windows and impressive marble staircases…


WASSERWERKE

WASSERWERKE

This former sewage treatment plant is a classified industrial building in the German industrial town of Krefeld. The building was designed by architect George “Jörg” Bruggaier and is considered an architecturally important example of the Jugendstil. The factory, built between 1908 and 1910, was used to purify the sewage of the entire city of Krefeld. It is one of the last remaining purification plants from the early days of urban purification systems in Germany. Until 1962 the treatment plant was used in the original state of waste water. From then until 1996 it was – after the installation of special new jacks – only continued as a pumping station. In 1996 the whole was rendered obsolete when an adjacent new pumping station was opened. In addition to the large hall (main building), which includes two sewer channels, an overflow channel and the hall crane, there is also the lime pumping station (engine room) and the manager’s residence (living area approx. 74 m² – built in 1921/1922 according to plans by the architect Anton Rumpen). The original sluice house is still owned by the Krefeld municipal company for sewerage technical reasons and today serves as access to rainwater flooding.

The old purification station was purchased by 4 friends, who want to give it a new purpose, while respecting the historic and architectural character of the building. To keep vandals out, the building was recently protected with cameras and motion detectors and can only be visited with permission…


WASSERWERKE

WASSERWERKE

This former sewage treatment plant is a classified industrial building in the German industrial town of Krefeld. The building was designed by architect George “Jörg” Bruggaier and is considered an architecturally important example of the Jugendstil. The factory, built between 1908 and 1910, was used to purify the sewage of the entire city of Krefeld. It is one of the last remaining purification plants from the early days of urban purification systems in Germany. Until 1962 the treatment plant was used in the original state of waste water. From then until 1996 it was – after the installation of special new jacks – only continued as a pumping station. In 1996 the whole was rendered obsolete when an adjacent new pumping station was opened. In addition to the large hall (main building), which includes two sewer channels, an overflow channel and the hall crane, there is also the lime pumping station (engine room) and the manager’s residence (living area approx. 74 m² – built in 1921/1922 according to plans by the architect Anton Rumpen). The original sluice house is still owned by the Krefeld municipal company for sewerage technical reasons and today serves as access to rainwater flooding.

The old purification station was purchased by 4 friends, who want to give it a new purpose, while respecting the historic and architectural character of the building. To keep vandals out, the building was recently protected with cameras and motion detectors and can only be visited with permission…


Curtain Call – 2018

Curtain Call – 2018

The gymnasium inside the now demolished, Davisville Junior Public School, Toronto, Ontario, Canada.


Stairway to nothing by Marco Orazi Via Flic…

Stairway to nothing

Stairway to nothing by Marco Orazi

Via Flickr:

Dust and Silence | Facebook | Tumblr | 500px


darbians: Abandoned hospital  in the UK. Chec…

darbians:

Abandoned hospital  in the UK. Check out the link for more shots from here.

Abandoned Hospital Wolverhampton


BUREAU CENTRAL

BUREAU CENTRAL

This huge building belonged to the nearby blast furnace company, which had several branches in the area. Little information is available about the history of the building itself. The original building was erected in the last quarter of the 18th century and experienced some substantial changes and expansions in the course of the 19th and 20th centuries. The building housed the central management and the administration of the blast furnace company. The building, which is now outdated, was abandoned at the beginning of the 1980s and since then its decline has progressed rapidly, notwithstanding its classification as a heritage in 1987. The central hall with arched skylight in particular has suffered greatly from the elements that have free rein there. The impressive building, with long, endless-looking corridors and diffuse light that hits them, is a dream location for photographers with a preference for abandoned and derelict buildings. The estate was originally home to the castle of the noble family who owned the company, but it was demolished a few years ago. It looks like this beautiful office building will suffer the same fate if renovation work does not start soon…


%d bloggers like this: