Prison H7 was the jail block of a military barracks in a large Belgian city. The buildings were erected in eclectic style between 1890 and 1905, based on a design by the architects de Noyette and Geerling. All in all, the barracks occupy an area of more than 5 acres and could house around 1300 soldiers. On October 1, 1907 the 2nd Line Regiment moved into the barracks. During the two world wars, the barracks were occupied by German troops. After the liberation, the 2nd Line Regiment did not return to its barracks. From 1955 the barracks were manned by the Center of the Health Service. The training center provided the training for the officers of the Health Service. Following the restructuring of the armed forces, a number of buildings were sold to the city, which housed the Higher Institute of Fine Arts there since 2007 (hence the statues). Other parts of the barracks are still owned by the Belgian army. Mid-March 2019 the reconversion work started to turn the barracks into a sustainable urban neighborhood where living, working and recreation meet.